Culcairn Sportsground, Federal Street, Culcairn, NSW 2660
Temperatures are expected to range from 10*C – 20*C overnight and from 25*C to 35*C C during the day.
Powered sites are available, but they are limited in number, so please book in early for these.
Period and non-period camping areas available.
Accessibility: The stewarding team would like to make your attendance at Border War easier. We will be offering:
- a limited number of powered camping sites (must be booked in advance)
- seating between the campground and the hall;
- signage with images and words;
- food allergies will be catered for, if advised when booking;
- accessible toilet and shower facilities are already on site;
- accessible parking available;
- a quiet room/tent/area, which can be used by anyone who needs somewhere quiet for time-out, and for feeding and changing little ones.
There may be some needs we are unable to accommodate, due to site limitations. Please discuss needs with Event Stewards.
Camping: Power is provided, though limited. Tents and/or caravans must be set up in the designated areas only.
Back to Top
The site is easily accessible from the Hume Freeway by;
- turning off at Wagga Wagga and driving down the Olympic Highway Southbound,
- turning off at Holbrook at the Holbrook-Wagga Road Exit or Albury St Exit, turn at Young Street and following the road down the Culcairn-Holbrook Road (which turns into Balfour Street when in Culcairn)
- turning off at Bells Road Interchange (North of Albury) and following the Olympic Highway Northbound
There is a twice daily CountryLink Train service (roughly arrives in Culcairn at 12pm and 12am) from both Sydney and Melbourne. Pick up can be arranged if required.
If people are flying in, the closest airports are Albury and Wagga. Transport can possibly be arranged if people are flying into Albury. Transfers from Wagga Wagga are at your own arrangement.
Nearby: Hospital, doctor’s surgery; chemist; supermarket (closes 1pm Sat & Sun); pub; takeaway cafes, swimming pool, train station.
Back to Top
Swimming: There is a Council run swimming pool at the end of the street. All children must be supervised by a parent/guardian. All persons using the swimming pool must be in mundane swimwear (garb is not sufficient).
Back to Top
Wildlife: The Sportsground is just off Billabong Creek and thus we may get the occasional wildlife on site. Please do not disturb the animals. The site may potentially have some dangerous creatures (snakes, spiders etc), however there will be an on site Chirurgeon, and the hospital is around the corner, if required.