Workshops, competitions, and bardic activities are offered for those less martially inclined, or needing a break from fighting.
Entry in A&S Competitions and the Gwynfor Llwyd ‘Mouth from the South’ Bardic Challenge count towards War Points (see below).
Border War categories:
- Silk – thread or items made from silk
- Brewing – alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages from the lands ruled by the Mongol Khanate and the Ilkhanate.
- Armour – for human or horse
To encourage participation in A&S competitions, we have included the Kingdom Autumn Tournament themes.
Kingdom Autumn Tournament Competition:
- For a lover
- 15th Century
[This does not replace the Kingdom Tournament, it is a service provided for those who struggle with documentation, and/or would like some feedback with 2 weeks available for editing.]
Children’s Challenge: Youth A&S is the same as the adult competition; however, we ask that the child’s age be included on the entry form, so the judges know to use the Kingdom’s Youth A&S criteria.
[Competition items to be on display by 10 am Saturday; judging will take place throughout Saturday and on Sunday morning.]
Arts and Sciences competitions and Judges
• Master Crispin Sexi
• Lady Yrsa in Hárfagra
• Lady Magdalena af Husum
• Baroness Julianna de Northwood
Classes go to Classes and Workshops page
Bardic: weather permitting will be held at the fire pit
- The 9th Gwynfor Llwyd ‘Mouth from the South’ Bardic Challenge: it is 12 years since we lost the original ‘Mouth from the South’, Gwynfor Llwyd, and once again we will be honouring him and all the others we have lost – with songs, tales, theatre, poetry and filk. The theme is open, but extra points will be granted if the piece matches the event theme (the Mongol Khanate & Ilkhanate).
- If you decide to put on a theatrical performance or act, please keep it to no more than 10 minutes.
- Boasting and Gesting (aka Pick, Pass or Play): free-form contribution to evening entertainment, will follow the competition.
This is a competition that encompasses all aspects of Border War for War Bands/Households consisting of up to 10 members. The group entry with the highest overall score will be the winner and take home the War Chest to which all participants are requested to contribute. To earn WAR POINTS there will be:
Points will be awarded for entering an activity and to the War Bands on the winning side of each battle.
Please bring something to add to the War Chest.